Dear Ministry Partners,
• We moved from Spring Hill, Tennessee to Indianapolis on March 5-6. Along the way we visited some personal supporters in Evansville. It was great to catch up after so many years.
• The next day we both shared during the sermon time at Brad’s home church, Ben Davis Christian Church in Indy.
• We have spoken at several small groups and a few Sunday School classes and have a few more planned.
• The Ben Davis church will be sending a work team of 22 people to help us in Tanzania in July. So we met with them and answered their questions about medical, clothing, travel, security and other stuff.
• The kids have all gotten involved in Wednesday night youth groups.
• We found a YMCA about 2 miles from our house with all the sports we love: racquetball, basketball, swimming, weights etc. and Brad started going to a “spin” class 3 mornings a week. Best of all, we were able to take advantage of a limited time “no joining fee”.
• Of course home school continues relentlessly during our “settled months”. There was an opportunity for a field trip to the Creation Museum near Cincinnati when we drove to KY to return a loaner car that was given to us to drive for 2 ½ months. We should be hearing this month regarding our application for Bradley and Morrie to attend boarding school in Kenya beginning in August.
• We have gotten to visit with various family members and hope to see many more at Bradley’s and Morrie’s birthday party in a couple of weeks (birthdays are both on April 13).
• The AGM for the East Africa Branch is happening this week. Many important decisions are being made, including administrative transitions.
• We will give an update to 2 supporting churches in Indiana in April, and Brad will also preach at Ben Davis.
• We will leave Indy the end of April and speak at 4 different churches as we drive through Wichita, KS; Fort Smith, AR; Austin and Timpson, TX. Then we’ll finish up our furlough at the PBT International Service Center in Dallas, helping to teach at the Pioneer Mission’s Institute and attending some meetings.
We will be flying back to Tanzania mid-June. We are so humbled by and appreciative of your support for our work with PBT.
• Next week will be our AGM (Annual General Meeting)
• Pray that God’ s will be done as we elect administration positions.
• Praise God for the ways He worked through us last month:
• Literacy-First Writer’s workshop was a success.
• Translations-Consultation of the book of Romans, Galatians and Ephesians in 10 languages.
• Scripture Impact- First meeting translated from English to vernacular explaining how to study the Bible.